LAST DAYS, PART 4: The Glories of Nature!

As we all are observing in these strangest of times, one of the few positive side effects of the pandemic we find ourselves in is the resplendence of nature all around us.

With few exceptions, all of the cities of India are normally quite polluted, and one is lucky to see any blueness in the skies at all. When clean air IS present, it is generally following a good dousing of rain.

No longer the case! As I am sure you, dear reader, have also witnessed, the drastic reduction of vehicular traffic has resulted, gloriously, in the reduction of air pollution. As such, we have been rewarded with the most magnificent skies, have we not?!? Well, at least I have, and this is not the norm for Pune at all. But in the past two months, the skies have been consistently gorgeous. There is just something about a deep blue sky filled with white and grey, puffy clouds that brings immense joy to the heart. This IS my experience, unfailingly, and why I cannot stop photographing them!

Add to this beauty the wonderful variety of happily singing and soaring birds, the riotous brilliance of myriad blooms... one momentarily forgets about the pandemic and simply revels in the divine beauty of nature.

Enjoy some of my favorite photos below!






The lush, lovely contrasting greens of the society's garden square I have been frequenting since the imposition of the 10 day lock down; wandering the lanes around me is no longer an option. Still, this has been a most pleasant alternative! All photos from this blog were taken around this garden area.



On this particular day, there was a fair amount of wind blowing off of the river. I delighted in watching a flock of hawks circling overhead and playing in the currents of air...oh, how I longed to be up there with them!







Like Icarus, flying into the sun! Good thing THEIR wings are not constructed with wax!



Such regal and extraordinary birds... I watched these hawks play in the sky for hours...







Prolific ravens, and very vocal! This guy caw'ed at me for quite some time!











Not the greatest resolution because of having to zoom in with max power on my phone...but had to include this photo because parrot sightings are rare, indeed! They tend to roost at the very tops of trees--mostly mango trees--and as such are very hard to get glimpses of. I was lucky to see not just this one, but 4 others! That group unfortunately flew away before I could capture them on camera.  









Comments

  1. Beautiful! And Wikipedia tells me there are 5 rivers in Pune.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MUMBAI: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS! FEB 2nd through 6th

Adoring those animals!!!

LAST DAYS, PART 5: THE JOY OF SEQUESTERING AND BEING CREATIVE!